A Privacy Professional's Networking Roundtable
March 8, 2006
How serious is the threat of enforcement action by European DPAs? What roles are the national courts of member states, the ECJ and workers unions playing in the enforcement of data protection laws? And how does your business plan to respond to US state security breach notification laws?
ROUNDTABLE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
State Security Breach Notification Laws: How the "Class of 2006" Has Changed the Game and What Companies are Doing About It
- Increased enforcement? - A look at whether enforcement has increased since the Declaration of the Article 29 Working Party. A discussion of recent enforcement actions by national authorities, national courts and the ECJ.
- What industries are being targeted? - Are specific industries at risk for enforcement action?
- The new enforcers? - The role of worker unions and business and trade associations in enforcement activities.
- Responding to enforcement action - lessons learned.
- Essential elements and unique provisions of the newly-effective state notification laws
- Enforcement threats and how to avoid them
- FTC enforcement (BJ Wholesale, DSW)
- Private class actions
- Federal legislation -- What's happening in Congress
Crowell & Moring's Privacy Group will be hosting a networking roundtable examining the impact of the recent EU enforcement activity on businesses operating in Europe, and looking at how best to comply with the new US state security breach laws.
For more information, please visit these areas: