31st Annual Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County Installation Dinner and Fundraiser
March 7, 2009
At the dinner, the HBA-OC will be installing the members of its 2009 Executive Committee and incoming members of its 2009-2010 Board of Directors. Theresa Lopez of the Firm's Orange County office has been elected to serve on the incoming board.
The Keynote Speaker is Holly Fujie, California State Bar President.
The HBA-OC will recognize the following Honorees for their contributions to the Latino legal community:
- Attorney of the Year -- Ken Babcock of the Public Law Center
- Guardian of Justice Award -- Professor Luz Herrera of Thomas Jefferson School of Law (San Diego) for her work with Community Lawyers, Inc.
- Lifetime Achievement Award -- Honorable Cruz Reynoso (Ret.), former California Supreme Court Justice and current Professor at UC Davis School of Law
- Law Firm of the Year -- Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
The proceeds of this annual dinner help to fund the Wally Davis Scholarships, which are awarded to deserving Latino law students from the Orange County area. This year's scholarship recipients are:
- Diana Lopez - Chapman Law School
- Rosa Zamora - Columbia Law School
- Carolina Rodriguez Garcia - Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley
- Aidín Castillo - University of California, Davis School of Law
Theresa Lopez, Steven Rice, Rosemary Carson and Deborah Arbabi are attending and Crowell & Moring is a proud sponsor.
Crowell & Moring Participant(s):