Natalia R. Medley is a counsel in the firm's Washington, D.C. office, where she practices in the Advertising & Product Risk Management and Product Liability & Torts groups.
Natalia counsels clients in connection with consumer protection laws and litigation risks in the U.S. and Europe. She has extensive experience with federal agencies in the U.S., including the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). She also advises on U.S. state and EU member state-level consumer safety laws and enforcement. Her practice includes:
- Risk and compliance counseling
- Advertising and labeling review
- Product testing and certification
- Establishing internal compliance programs
- Employee trainings
- Engaging experts for scientific study and analysis
- Reporting and recalls
- Government enforcement investigations
- Penalty proceedings and negotiations
- Comments to agency rulemaking
- FOIA requests, responses, and challenges
In her litigation practice, Natalia represents clients in federal and state cases pending before trial and appellate courts and administrative tribunals. She has experience in mass tort actions, class actions, and multidistrict litigation, involving product liability, breach of contract, environmental tort, and consumer protection statutory claims.
Natalia has represented product manufacturers, suppliers, private labelers, importers, retailers, and trade associations in matters involving a range of products, including:
- consumer electronics
- dietary supplements
- drugs and medical devices
- home and industrial appliances
- mobile telephones
- motor vehicles, components, and equipment
- toys and other children's products
- unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
Prior to joining Crowell & Moring, Natalia served as a law clerk to the Honorable Noël Anketell Kramer in the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.