Kate Molony is an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Crowell & Moring, practicing in the firm's Government Contracts, Privacy & Cybersecurity, and Litigation groups.
Kate represents defense, technology, and aerospace contractors across a myriad of issues. As a litigator, Kate's experience includes contract claims at the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and Court of Federal Claims, bid protests at the federal and state level, and multidistrict litigation. Kate also counsels clients regarding cybersecurity, DCAA audits, and cleared contracting. Her recent work includes:
- Pursuing a multi-million dollar indemnification claim before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, while advising on a related DCAA audit;
- Defending a large defense contractor from a breach of contract claim in federal district court;
- Defending a government official against various Bivens claims in federal district court;
- Prosecuting a Fortune 500 company's trade secrets claim in state trial court; and
- Advising various entities on cybersecurity, clearance regulations, and trade compliance.
Prior to joining Crowell & Moring, Kate received her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where her studies focused on national security. While at Virginia, Kate was honored with the Pro Bono Challenge award, in recognition of her extensive pro bono work, which she continues at Crowell & Moring. Kate graduated from Florida State University, summa cum laude with honors. After completing the "Degree in Three" program, she graduated first in her class with a B.A. in international affairs and psychology.
Admitted to practice: District of Columbia and Virginia
Speeches & Presentations
Client Alerts & Newsletters