International Litigation: Speeches & Presentations
Speeches & Presentations
- "Discovery in International Arbitration" Young ICCA Skills Training Workshop, Boston, MA (October 2013). Presenter: Ashley R. Riveira.
- "Independence and Diversity in the Boardroom: What Next?," LawAsia Conference, Singapore (2013). Panelist: Lisa J. Savitt.
- "Turning the Tables on Discovery: Using U.S. and German Proceedings to Your Advantage," ABA/German Bar Association Conference, Frankfurt, Germany (June 2010). Moderator: Lisa J. Savitt.
- "Have U.S. Courts Become The Courtroom for the World?" ABA Litigation Section, New York City (April 2010). Speaker: Laurel Pyke Malson.
- "Sovereign Litigation in the U.S.," Seminar on International Legal Issues presented to Government of the Republic of Colombia, Bogota, Colombia (June 5, 2009). Speaker: Aryeh S. Portnoy.
- "Concept of Personal Jurisdiction in the United States," IBA/ABA Transnational Litigation Conference, Vienna, Austria (June 2009). Panelist: Lisa J. Savitt.
- De nieuwe wet op de gerechtelijke expertise in de IT sector (May 14, 2009). Speaker: Flip Petillion
- "Pathways to Employment in International Law," ABA Section of International Law: George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, VA (October 2008). Speaker: Timothy Foden.
- "Dispute Resolution in the International Oil & Gas Industry," ICDR and AIPN Conference, Rio de Janeiro (October 20-21, 2008). Speaker: Daniel Vielleville.
- "Dueling with Dragons - Managing Disputes Wisely for Business Excellence," Lexis Nexis 3rd Annual Conference on Dispute Avoidance and Resolution, Beijing, China (October 13-14, 2008). Speakers: Kimberley Chen Nobles and Michael L. Martinez.
- "Caution: In-House Communications May be Dangerous to Your Legal Health- When In-House Communications May not be Privileged in a Global Environment," ABA Section of International Law Fall Conference Brussels (September 2008). Moderator: Lisa J. Savitt.
- "Defeating Terrorism with the Law: Civil Anti-Terrorism Litigation in the U.S.," American Association of Jewish Lawyers & Jurists and DC Bar Event, Washington, DC (April 2008). Presenter: Stuart H. Newberger.
- "Mediation Advocacy: Advanced Techniques and New Developments," ABA Litigation Section (April 2008). Speaker: Laurel Pyke Malson.
- "Oil and Gas Arbitration," NYSBA International Law and Practice Section Seasonal Meeting, Lima, Peru (September 2007). Presenter: Arif Hyder Ali.
- "Challenges in Negotiation and Settlements," ABA Litigation Section, National Conference for the Minority Lawyer (June 2007). Speaker: Laurel Pyke Malson.
- "ADR in Bloom," ABA Dispute Resolution Section (April 2007). Speaker: Laurel Pyke Malson.
- "Critical Role of the Judiciary in International Arbitration," ICDR 4th Annual International Arbitration Conference, Miami, Florida (March 2006). Presenter: Arif Hyder Ali.
- "Preparing for the International Dispute," 17th Annual International Law Institute, International Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, Houston, Texas (February 2005). Presenter: Arif Hyder Ali